Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dance, Laugh, Enjoy

Too bad you can't use your own fonts on this blog. I have amazing fonts, just amazing, amazing fonts.
Oh well. I have been incredibly busy and incredibly happy although there's a ton of stress at this part of our house build (I stained a 400 sf deck last weekend and will seal it prob tomorrow. I also block-tighted the entire basement myself and that stuff is ridiculously fumey and hard to breathe. What I do in the name of progress, eh?

But it is all coming along and it looks simply marvy if I do say so myself. We are still looking at studs though, as we have to pass electrical before we do drywall and we have to finish the last few iron-outs on electrical before we get that far. I've already resigned myself to the fact we'll be lucky if we're in here full time by xmas but what the hell, when it's just the two of us... I mean come on... I sometimes wonder what we'll think of all this later on. We are definitely supressing the incredible idiocy of doing this whole thing ourselves, it's like we don't mention it because it's just quietly understood that we're both terrified sort of under the surface... and yet... another part of us is enjoying the thrill and the risk of it all :-) I had no idea I would find something this huge so terrifying AND exhilarating at the same time. Of course we keep expecting the other shoe to drop at any moment and something to go terribly, terribly wrong, but that's the risk part again. :-) I think I will look back on this and say "what the hell?"

I have stripped myself back to the bare essentials with art, I'm sketching again, this time faces and chicken bodies and sometimes just faces. What started out as a simple exercise has turned into a sort of drive to do something and I'm not quite sure what.

Ah, to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment