Friday, September 9, 2011

Getting serious about getting serious


First off, it's 3:25 am exactly and I cannot sleep because I fell asleep earlier. So now it's me and the cat, I have Pink Floyd "Shine on you crazy diamond" on my headphones (thankyou youtube) and I'm writing this blog. The night.... I do love the night when the world is asleep or hiding... now that I'm getting used to the new "hours" of my life, I love everything from dusk on into the wee hours best.. and I do love Pink Floyd :-).... a person can think this late at night...... I can see better as an artist during the day, most definitely, but I'm more truthful at night <wink>.

The house.
Coming along swimmingly, doesn't it seem to be? Why yes, yes it does. Since I snapped this photo, below we now have the deck completed. Now I get to finish painting the underside, and eventually will be staining and sealing the top (the stain has sealer, but mr. contractor says we'll be sealing it as well).

Inside even more funnneeeerrrrr....

But how fun is this? the stairway handrail is coming right along and we're thrilled. More twigs in there since this, this was "phase II". More to come... we're winging this as we go. Also debating the final finish and if there should be one prior to final clearing, blah blah. Fun though, oh oh oh so much fun.
    We truly cannot wait for this to be done. It's gone on for so long now that it has become surreal, and we both know it although we never say it. Somewhere along the line, if you so a project with just the right passion and you're lucky, it will start to breathe on it's own and is no longer under your control anymore. And of course then it becomes what it is destined to become. This house has not yet reached that point, but we're both secretly hoping it does soon. We need to get past the wiring to the drywall, we need to cover the bones.
  Who wants to look at bones anyway?
  I'm supposed to meet Amber tomorrow for Sushi but I've been sick all week. Hoping to be better so I can still go, I know she'd enjoy the time out and to be honest so would I. This new life is, at times, all consuming (much like art can be :-))

Speaking of art, my last week's creation, well, one of them. Here's the other....


There is a poem written on this second one, well, part of a poem. It says....

"I remember, the colors are prettier when they're wet,
 and even the roughest storm comes to an end.
 The water dries even the shinest, shiniest rock
 and sooner or later the real color shows through,
 But oh,
  ..... how I never took....
...........my eyes..............
.............off of you................

No explanation offered because it's private and you know who you are :-). but I'm liking the funky backgrounds. I haven't had much time for painting/journaling/artsty stuff because I've been working on other stuff... like this...
Yes, a lovely little miniature pink-frosted cake ring featuring "ta da" my fav chunky glitter and tiny tiny pearls on a filigree base (oh yes, etsy, by the way, http://www.vintagevixens2.etsy.com/) ha ha I fool around with these little jewelry things all the time even though I have tons of other things, much bigger things, waiting patiently for my attention. I did not need to make time recently making this either,

Who doesn't like glittered bugs anyway?

It's time to get serious about getting serious. I'm all over the place artistically and well, I guess in my life.
I can see that now.... thanks in a great part due to the incredible women at WP who are going through amazingly similar issues in their lives. As creative women I think maybe we tend to bite off alot more than we can chew... but it isn't my place to speak for everyone.
I'll speak for myself only when I say that I have to get focused and serious. It's Sept. 9, 2011 and time is marching. I cannot do it all, and I cannot flit from thing to thing like a child. I have to get focus in my life and organization. That is my goal. GOAL.
On that I'll sign off and go to bed.
But wait, one more thing. Dogs is one of Pink Floyd's best songs, period. And yes, it also sounds better at 4am.......

 

1 comment: