Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chicken Stew and Art



What does chicken stew have to do with art?
Why nothing, other than I am making chicken stew in the slow cooker and I feel really artsy today.

I have discovered, like so many artsy friends have, that there is no time to get the things done someone thinks they can get done in a single day. I thought with more time I'd be so amazingly functional, yet I find that I've tried to cram so much into every day, that it's really really impossible to keep up. I have half finished stuff everywhere. Here and out at the build, stuff everywhere. Bordering on out of control, actually, but I find myself not really caring all that much. Life is very very good for me right now. And I am very very happy and grateful for every single second of it.

Art excites me. And today is a good day. Not for any special reason, although I did do a mini self-portrait of me in the theme that keeps coming back again and again to bug me.... "With my hair blowing free, I face the winds of change..." 

Thats me. Notice the curves :-)

All this house building, and all this new stuff that I do with my life now is so different than my life of a few short months ago that it's like I'm a different person.  Well, come to think of it, I AM a different person. I'm now 30 lbs lighter, (which is a very good thing), and I have my new found art kindred souls that inspire me every day, and I have this house build thing that I find both exhilarating and frustrating at the same time. I like to think of it as "re-engineering" my life... yes... yes that's good... I like that :-)

I've realized that I don't know shit about doing wall mosaics. The "undersea world" master bath I see in my head my have complications because of that. :-) I mean, I seriously don't have a, well, a fucking clue. I see octopus and starfish, and sea horses and all sorts of exotic fish, shimmering in metallic colors and swimming along my walls, interspersed with glass tiles of various jewel tone colors....... and I have no clue as to how exactly I'll get there from here. What I see is there. I am over here. hmmmmmmm..........

.... still, it's been a very good day so far :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment