Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello New Life

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep
.....Robert Frost

Hello New Life.

This is not the beginning. this is just the beginning of recording it because it is sort of crazy.

Dave and I are building a house. But not just any house, a house we ourselves designed and are building completely on our own. I cannot start at the beginning so the beginning will just get fed into the story as I go.

The house is on 5 acres of land and none of it is finished. Some of it not exactly designed, persay (quote: Dave: Yesterday: "God, I haven't looked at the blueprint in ... well, I don't know how long").
   We both laughed at the ridiculousness of it all.  And yes, it is ridiculous.

Yet I don't think I have ever felt so alive.
Perhaps it's because I quit my IT job after 12 years to pursue the life of .. well, of an artist, and sometime gardener, and businesswoman in my biz, not someone elses.
Or perhaps it's because of the fact that we're growing our own garden, and our own orchard, and our own beehive, our own herbs.

Or maybe it's because we're doing all of this out of her pocket so far (that's the long part of the story, because it certainly didn't start out to be that way, ever ever ever. I would NEVER have agreed to something as insane as that and I would have been terrified.  Oh wait, I am terrified.
Yet... I don't think I have ever felt so alive.
Funny thing, change.
:-) Hello New Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment